Job Title: CNC Programmer
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Works on the daily flow of programs to ensure shop needs are met. Coordinates with Program Supervisor, and machinist to ensure quality and on time delivery is met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain confidentiality of the company’s proprietary information, finances and personnel issues
- Monitor program flow
- Program the 3 axis CNC mills and 2 axis lathes equipment without supervision
- Read, create, edit, and manipulate Fanuc, G-codes, M-codes, mills and lathes
- Understand and properly use inserts, fixtures, and tooling
- Establish and ensure department standards for safety, quality and quantity are met
- Read blueprints or process sheets for specification such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts, and cutting tools.
- Help select proper equipment, including tooling, fixtures and accessories, to complete the task
- Maintain all production work orders (traveler) and other supporting documents required for machining
- Consistently display a sense of urgency in meeting all deadlines and goals, keeping in mind that quality and timeliness are of paramount importance to management and our customers
- Knowledge of CNC equipment capability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Skill in performing mid-level math skills efficiently and accurately (including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fraction and decimals)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes related to the aerospace industry.
- Skill in using measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and other inspection gauges
- Skill in reading and interpreting documents such as work orders, drawings, internal and customer specifications, manuals, and safety regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Very acute attention to detail
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with CNC machining, aerospace drawings, and specifications or equivalent education/experience required
- Experience with Gibbs CAM is highly desired
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years CNC programming experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or Technical degree is a plus
- Experience with JobBoss is a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Occasionally lift/carry up to 50 lbs and use of a ladder to access supplies or inventory
- Occasional exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
- Occasional exposure to chemicals, fumes, and moderate/loud noise
- Frequent repetitive motions and ability to sit at a work station
- Constant requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.